The Rebuild Site
What we can provide will always depend on what we have in stock or are expecting to arrive when you apply, and we will do what we can to provide as much as possible for a successful application. We aim to provide a range of free construction materials for your community project, this might be bricks, wood, pipes, paving etc.
- We provide a range of construction materials for community projects, charities and local good causes in Cumbria.
- All the materials we provide are either new surplus materials from construction building sites, or nearly new (e.g. wood from a fence that was put up for 6 months). As we collect surplus materials, we can’t guarantee what we will have in stock at any one time, however we will always do what we can to provide as much of a request for materials as possible.
- We only accept materials which are safe and able to be used, and follow a quality control process to make sure the materials provided are suitable.
- At the moment we do not collect aggregates (gravel etc) or top soil and therefore can not source this for any applications.
- Where we can not support with an application we will endeavour to put you in touch with someone who might be able to help.
- All our support is provided in materials and in kind; we do not offer cash grants. We can, however, provide you with an estimate of material costs donated if the figure is needed to make match funding applications.
- Please fill in our short application form detailing what you need for your project. Once you have submitted the form we will review your application and endeavour to get back to you within 6 weeks with an outcome.
- If your application is successful we will then confirm pick up/delivery of materials.
- In return for providing materials, we will require some basic reporting from you and a plaque/stencil to show that the project has been supported by The Rebuild Site CIC. More details will be provided to successful applicants.
- Sometimes it can be difficult to know exactly what materials you might need for a project. We’re always happy to talk to you about your requirements ahead of making an application; please do get in touch.
- We especially welcome projects which have wider environmental benefits, such as community gardens or projects where recycling and reusing is at the heart of the ethos.
- At this time we are unable to accept applications from political or faith based groups, unless the project can demonstrate a significant positive impact in wider communities and does not seek to further ideologies or causes that may cause concern, harm or upset to others.
- Let us know, in as much detail as you can, what material you need and we will see what we can do!
- Your project has to be for a good cause that benefits a community or communities, but doesn’t have to be a registered charity.
- We welcome applications from village halls and community centres/assets, primary schools, pre-schools and nurseries, health centres, social prescribing projects, community and grass roots groups, not-for-profits, arts collectives and organisations, charities working in Cumbria, and any other organisations that help their communities with inclusion and without prejudice.
Our shop in Carlisle is open 10m – 4pm, Thursdays – Saturdays.
If you are after something specific please call/email in advance to check what we have in stock.
To get in touch with the shop you can email [email protected] or give us a call on 07391161008.