What is Giving Tuesday?
Giving Tuesday (03/12/19) is a global day of giving. A day where everyone, everywhere can do something to support the good causes and communities that mean so much to them. It is a day to celebrate and encourage giving in all its forms.
You can volunteer your time; donate money; share your skills; campaign for something; donate goods, food, or clothes; arrange a community event such as a street or park clean-up or a coffee morning, organise a fundraising event, or inspire and encourage your network to do something to support a good cause. The list really is endless!
Cumbria Exchange is proud to be a partner for Giving Tuesday and we’d love to hear from you if you’re a business and would like to make a pledge of skills-based volunteer hours – any shape or size business will do!
What is the #GivingTuesdayPledge?
The #GivingTuesdayPledge helps you share how you are supporting good causes on Giving Tuesday. You can share your pledge on social media in the weeks and days running up to Giving Tuesday and on the day itself. By sharing your commitment, you can help inspire others to do something to support a good cause.
We also know there are those of you who would love to do something on the day to support your favourite charity but for whatever reason can’t. The #GivingTuesdayPledge will give you an opportunity to commit to doing something at a future date but still get involved in the buzz of this incredible generosity movement.
With a #GivingTuesdayPledge, you can commit to doing something new, improve on what you already do, or continue with your current generosity activities. Together, all these pledges will combine to make a world of difference to so many lives.
There are a number of ways to get involved; you could:
- Promote your social impact objectives and make sure your employees, partners & stakeholders know about them
- Remind staff of your volunteering policy – if you have one – & encourage them to use volunteering days
- Create or Restate an offer of matching charitable fundraising
Or as Cumbria Exchange will be doing you can focus on skills sharing pledges – encourage employees to share the skills they use to support your business with charities in need.
Making a #GivingTuesdayPledge
Making a #GivingTuesdayPledge is easy:
- Get in touch with Helen as she’ll be coordinating and promoting pledges made. H can also discuss opportunities for employer supported volunteering in 2020, tailoring your requirements and matching you up with charities looking for support.
- Decide on a charity or charities and how you are going to support them – this can be through a donation, volunteering, fundraising, sharing your skills or campaigning.
- Share your pledge on social media using the hashtag #GivingTuesdayPledge
- Don’t forget to tag us @cumbriaexchange and @givingtuesdayuk so we can share your pledge and help inspire others!